Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Step, Two Step, Three Step...More?

Grayson did it. He took his first steps!

Last night I stood him up arms length away, and said, "Come on baby!" His little foot raised, he wobbled a little, he steadied himself, and then he went, giggling all the way into my arms. I was so excited! And then I got a little sad. He's well on his way to really not being a baby anymore. I don't know if I like that. I miss having a newborn. The little cry. The sweet smell. The late night nursing sessions where it's just me and him.

Now he's well on his way to walking, and I can see the hours of chasing him and Claire as they run away from me in opposite directions. Can't wait.

This is fun too though. Watching him grow. Watching him discover things for the first time, like the inside of my fridge.

Yeah, it's pretty much been Fridge Wars: 2011 around here. Claire learned how to open to the fridge. She doesn't go for anything in particular. She just stands there, staring. Then Grayson wandered over. It was cute to watch them at first, but then it just got plain annoying. I finally had my breaking point a couple of weeks ago when Claire got into the fridge after I put away the groceries and Grayson got into the new eggs and promptly broke three of them on the floor.**sigh**I decided to try taping the fridge shut. It worked!...For a day. Then Claire learned that all she had to do was run her hand along the side of the fridge until she felt the edge of the tape and then rip it off.

David and I searched high and low for a fridge lock, only finding one last week. Apparently, they're in high demand. I ended up finding it at Wal-Mart, and it was the last one they had. It instantly became mine. I came home from grocery shopping, giddy about getting it onto the fridge. The next day, after the adhesive dried, I found out that it worked quite well when Claire came bounding into the kitchen demanding to "see cheese" and tried to fling open the fridge door only to be met with her new nemesis...Safety First and the Fridge Lock of Townsend House. She was not happy. Me? I couldn't have been happier.

3 comments:

Liberty said...

Wow.... I can't believe he's walking! I remember when you were waiting for him to be born... sniff sniff.

Glad you found a fridge lock! Woo Hoo!

Amy xxoo said...

Ah, this gives me hope.... so many people have told me that Flynn should be walking now ( my neices for example both walked by 11 months and Flynn is now 13.5 months ). So it nice to see another baby walking at the average age, and his mama being proud... go Grayson go!

maddie said...

Hooray for Grayson! (& fridge locks. lol =) )

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts with Thumbnails