Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rain..Thunder..Spring?

The weather today was FANTASTIC. Just wonderful. It's been rainy the past few days. Just awful. Yesterday was Layla Grace's Celebration of Life in Texas. People around the country released balloons in her honor. We missed it yesterday because it was too wet and rainy in our neck of the woods, so we did it this morning. Ethan, of course, had lots of questions about Layla Grace and cancer. We've had this conversation many times because he always asks questions about my grandfather. However, answering question about a 2 year old child dying is a lot harder than answering questions about the death of a 66 year old man. I just didn't have all the answers. I let him release the balloons. He asked me why people release balloons. I told him that it makes a happy memory. He told me he wanted to help make a happy memory, and he did.Last week's auction over at Project Mommyhood was a raging success. I think she posted that she raised well over $1,500 for the Marsh family. Amazing. Truly amazing. I also won one of the auctions. A set of hair bows and headbands. Claire was pretty much bald until the age of 15 months. That's when her hair really started coming in. So, when the bows and headbands came, she wasn't too excited about trying them on. They are absolutely adorable though. I managed to catch a picture of her in one before she ripped it out of her hair. I think she's getting used to them now though. She wore one all day today without trying to take it out at all. Since her birthday is coming up soon, I'll be taking her and Grayson to Target for her birthday pictures and his 6 months pictures. She'll be wearing one of the headbands and her Layla Grace tutu from Little Diva Tutus. In Grayson news, we had his 4 month check up on Friday. He's now 15lbs 13oz and 24 inches long. He's still the only one of my children that has a head that can be measured and compared to others on a growth scale. Claire and Ethan were way off the charts by now. He also the only one that does not cry during vaccination. He looked at me. That was it. At his two month check, he screamed. This time he was like, "Eh..Whatever. Are we done here?" He been acting a little odd lately whenever we (or I should say I, because of course it's fine when daddy does it) touch his head. The other day during his bath he was screaming and kicking and sliding the baby tub all over the big tub. He was checked out and he said he didn't see anything wrong with him. Of course, when he was checking his head, Grayson could have cared less at that moment. I don't know what the deal it. He said maybe he just has sensitive skin on the back of his head. Hopefully that's all it is. His goop eye is getting a little better, but he still says if it isn't completely clear by 9 months we have to see the pediatric eye doctor to have them cleared out. I'm really not looking forward to that. David got Grayson some shades to make him feel better about it though.
Also, Ethan got some art he made put in an art show at the community college up here. He's very proud. We're going to see it on Tuesday. Pictures to come!

3 comments:

Amy xxoo said...

Aww, Grayson is too cute in those sunglasses! We got Flynn a little pair of sunnies but he hasnt worn them anywhere yet... he does look pretty neat though!

Tracie Nall said...

I love that little picture of Grayson in the shades...so cute! Claire is looking pretty cute in her bow too!

Congrats to Ethan! That is awesome!

Cathy said...

Wasn't the weather fantastic yesterday! I loved it. That's so nice that you did the balloon release.

The pictures of Claire and Grayson are adorable!

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts with Thumbnails