Saturday, March 20, 2010

CRAP!

I haven't had a period since January 27th, 2009. I found out February 26th that Grayson was coming. He arrived on Halloween. He's 4 months old. My period has reappeared. CRAP!! I was kinda hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that was going to miss the visits from Aunt Flo during breastfeeding. Grayson has been breast exclusive since birth. He refuses bottles. I mean, there were a few times he had to have bottles when I got that infection after his birth since I had to pump and dump 3 feedings a day, but since then, there have been no bottles. He refuses them. So, I figured I was going to miss out seeing as how my period came back about a month after Ethan and Claire were born. Nope...Not so lucky. DARN.

Grayson and I will be venturing into baby food territory soon. He'll be 5 months old in a couple of weeks. WOW..Where did the time go? I wanted to wait until he was six months, but he's suddenly become very interested in my food when I eat. He reaches onto my plate. I thought about giving him a taste of banana the other day, but decided against it. I think I'll buy a box of rice cereal and some fruits to make into baby food for a later date. I ended up buying the Beaba Babycook and I am very excited to start using it. Problem? How in the crap do you peel an apple? Or a peach? I'll figure it out. Now I just need to buy some ice cube trays and some plastic freezer baggies to store the foods in. I really am very excited to make my own baby food. I had a nasty experience with jarred food with Claire that really turned me off to it, so I can't wait to get started on this. I think it's going to save us lots of money because I can make and freeze more servings than what I can buy, and I know exactly what's going into his food since I'm making it. It'll be great. David still isn't convinced, but he'll see. It'll all be worth it.

In other news, my birthday is on Wednesday. I've already gotten my gifts from David. He bought me a Cricut which I am SO very excited about. I really want to make birthday banners for everyone. We have family over for cake and ice cream on the kids birthday's and I love to make their day's special with special breakfasts and decorations and a cake and all of that, and this will help. I've already tested it out by cutting some shapes and letters. I'll also be able to get going on Claire's scrapbook as well as Grayson's. All I need to do is get the pictures printed out and get some extra scrapbook stuff. He also got me Glee on DVD. Claire and I have been watching it. Me because I think it's fabulous. Her because she likes to shake her diaper. It's so much fun to watch her get down. This is also the first birthday in two years that I haven't been pregnant. You know what that means? No crying. I cried all day on my last two birthdays. Pregnancy hormones are crazy. I mean, last year I cried because I didn't think I was going to get Chinese food. Seriously. I cried for an hour and a half. David laughed, which made me cry harder. So, here's to a tear free 27th birthday!

1 comment:

Tracie Nall said...

Happy happy birthday (a little early) to you!!

Good luck with the baby food....you are obviously a better mom than me, because I never even gave making my own baby food a single thought! I'm impressed!

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts with Thumbnails