Dear Grayson,
Today you turned one. In the past year you've gone from this:

To this:
You're gray eyes turned to a big sparkling blue. You never lost any of your hair you were born with, and it still sticks up right in the front just like it did in the hospital. You started crawling at 10 months. That's two months later than your brother or sister! You give great, big belly laughs for lots of things, especially when daddy pretends to be a doggy and chases you barking through the house. You have 10 teeth. And you are still the smallest baby out of all three of you. You swim in size 12 month clothes and are closer to a 9 month size. That's OK though, you'll grow soon enough!
People always ask, "Who was the best baby?" The answer is easy. Ethan was the easiest baby, but the worse sleeper. Claire was the hardest baby, but is still the best sleeper. You landed right in the middle. You hate sleep, especially naps. You are the only one that cared about teething. You are the only one who thinks mommy rocks the world. And you're right, I do. Ethan and Claire were all about daddy. Claire still is.
Yesterday you had your very first birthday party. I worked hard to make it something special for you. I made decorations:
We ordered a pumpkin patch cake:
You opened tons of presents:
And you got messy in cake!
Tonight, after a long day of having fun with all your fabulous new toys, we took your brother and sister Trick Or Treating. You dressed as an alien from Toy Story.
As you can see, you didn't like the hat part of the costume, but you were darn cute!
Now, you are sleeping peacefully, and I am sad and happy all in one. You had an incredible birthday, and I'm so happy. I'm also sad, because it was the last first birthday I'll ever get to plan. Now I'm excited. I can't wait to see what year two brings to you.
I love you baby boy,
Mommy























1 comment:
Happy Birthday Grayson!!! He's grown up so big in just a year!
Post a Comment