Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear Grayson

Dear Grayson,

On October 31st, 2011, you turned two...And mommy cried a little.

In the past year you've gone from this:
To this:
You weigh 26 pounds and are just under 30 inches tall. Still the smallest in the bunch!

What a year it has been! You learned to walk just a couple of months after you're first birthday. You balanced precariously between daddy and I, your little feet unsure of what to do or where to go, but you did it. You FINALLY started sleeping through the night. You are the most lovable small one.

You like to pull up my shirt and rest your head on the skin of my belly when you are sleepy. You talk...A lot. Whenever you are doing something you shouldn't be, we say, "Grayson!" and you look at us with those big blue eyes, and you smile your big smile and you say, "Hi" in the sweetest voice you can. It makes us laugh every time.

You love cars, but don't really like watching the move Cars. You've taken a liking to Tangled, and will sit and watch with your sister. You love apples and bananas. You are not a fan of broccoli.

This year we made a big change. The day before your birthday, we moved into a brand new house.
You walk up and down the stairs like a champ, and were so excited when a train went by. That excitement hasn't gone away yet. You are always running to the window when you hear the trains.

We went trick or treating in our new neighborhood, and you were an army man. The costume hung over your hands. You thought the extra material was funny and kept clapping your hands to watch it wave back and forth. The costume was size 18 months. I guess you have some growing to do.

After trick or treating, daddy came home from the sale of the trailer, and we had some cake.
You were not at all excited by this. I think trick or treating wore you out, because you tried to take the cake out with the iPad.
But, I think you had a pretty good day. I missed taking pictures of you opening presents because, silly mommy, I left the memory card in the laptop and daddy didn't bring it home until right before we did your cake. I know you love your presents though.

So, happy belated birthday baby boy. I can't wait to see what year 3 has in store for you.

Love you so, so much,
Mommy

1 comment:

Amy xxoo said...

Happy birthday Grayson! Although i'm not sure why he'd want to smash his cake with the Ipad.... that cake looks delicious!

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts with Thumbnails