In my quest to go green, I decided to give cloth diapers a try. The price tag (or lack of one after awhile) also appeals to me. David was apprehensive. He was all, "Eww..It's so gross. What do we do with the poo? How do we clean them? Ewww..." Honestly, he doesn't do diapers. He can't stand them. He gags at the thought of it. If I'm out, he will do it, but he doesn't like to. So when I was given the opportunity to try Bummis Easy Fit diaper, I was all over it.
Now, please bear with me. I am 100% new to the cloth diaper game and not hip to the lingo. If I get anything wrong, just call me a newbie.
I received the Bummis Easy Fit in Pomegranate.
I read the label which stated the diaper could begin being used after 3 washes and would reach maximum absorbency after 10 washes. I was very excited by the 3 wash and wear rule. Many people I know told me they needed to wash 8 times before wear with their diapers. I Pulled the diaper out of the label and explored it. It's a one size fitting from 8-35 lbs, and the liner is actually attached to the diaper. See?
I popped it into the wash right away, and looked up the Bummis website for more instructions and info on the diaper. Here's what I learned from the website:
The easy fit is made by Totsbots in their factory in Galsgow, Sweden and sold by Bummis in the US and Canada. The liner is made of two layers. The top layer is made of Rayon from bamboo fibers which is super soft and sits nicely against baby's skin. The second layer is 100% polyester microfiber. The liner can be folded six different ways to adjust to your baby's absorption needs, and if need be, you can always pop another liner into the pocket. They also have a video online showing you the different ways you can fold the liner to get the best absorption for your baby's needs.
Once my diaper had been washed 3 times, I watched the video, and folded it for Grayson's needs:
And stuffed the liner into the diaper. You can also see in the picture that the velcro tabs are nice and wide and there are fold back tabs on the inside of the diaper to attach them to to keep your other items from being snagged and dragged through the wash:
The diaper fits great. There are no loose spaces between his legs or around his waist. He was able to wear the diaper through his afternoon nap (three hours that day!). He had a small wet spot on the inside of his leg when he woke up, but that was completely my fault. I didn't stuff the liner over completely. Other than that he was super dry and very happy!
*The velcro tabs are fantastic. They are soft and don't scratch his skin.
*The diaper wasn't at all bulgy. I was worried his clothes wouldn't fit over it.
*The liner shakes out in the wash, so there is no need to pull it out of the diaper. I tested this. It really works.
My dislikes?
*I had a small issue with the velcro sticking to the tabs in the wash.
Wanna buy it?
Bummis Totsbots Easy Fits are available online through retailer's such as Kelly's Closet for $23.95 and are available in 5 different (Oeko-tex certified!) colors, as well as white.
Wanna win it?
Bummis has graciously offered to give one of my readers a Totsbots Easy Fit diaper in Lemon.

Here's how to enter:
Please be a follower of my blog and leave a comment letting me know you are.
Extra enteries (Please leave a separate comment for each!):
1) Tweet this giveaway leaving a link to your tweet. Remember to link the giveaway. No daily tweets please!
2) Leave a comment telling me which color Easy Fit you like.
3) Give me some cloth diaper advice. Remember, I'm a newbie!
4) Like Bummis on Facebook and let them know I sent you.
Please make sure you're e-mail is either public in your profile or in at least one of your comments. If I can't e-mail you, you can't win.
Winner will be chosen on Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 11:00PM CDT. Winner will be chosen by random.org and e-mailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail before another winner is chosen. Open to US and Canada. Good luck!
And, just so you know, I was provided an Easy Fit diaper for review and giveaway. This in no way changed my opinion of the product. My review and opinions are honest and my own.























118 comments:
Nice review! This reminds me i have something similar that i bought from an Australian company before Flynn was born - and i havent tried it yet! I might give it a shot when it starts to get warmer so he can run around in it without having to wear actual pants over the top!
I am a new follower of your blog and I would love to win a Bummis Easy Fit!! I love the color Thanks for the giveaway lil_lolas{at}hotmail.com
I also love the Lime , BlueBerry and lastley orange, What vibrant colors!!
I follow BUmmis and totbots on Twitter- evyready!! lil_lolas{at}hotmail.com
My advice would be to make sure to collect enough cloth diapers. I seem to be needing alot more now that my daughter is older , who knows why. So it is never a bad thing to have too many!! If you work like I do it saves you a bit of washing during the busy work week. :)
Great review!
Already a follower, but always a sucker for a new cloth dipe to try! lol ;)
awlikids@hotmail.com
http://awlikids.blogspot.com
Love the Pomegranate & Lime.
awlikids@hotmail.com
http://awlikids.blogspot.com
Love the Pomegranate & Lime.
awlikids@hotmail.com
http://awlikids.blogspot.com
Joined Bummis on Facebook.
awlikids@hotmail.com
http://awlikids.blogspot.com
Cloth advice...hm...just stick with it I guess. The benefits really do start to show themselves more & more as time goes on.
Also try to get a variety of everything, especially WAHM/Etsy diapers. Some of those I've used & abused more than the 'best' namebrand dipes I've bought.
Also, wetbags are a lifesaver. <3
O/T, but added you in my mass blog update.
Hopefully it helps!
http://awlikids.blogspot.com/2010/08/soaking-up-florida-sun.html
I follow your blog, this would be amazing to win!
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
I would like the red one.
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
My friend said that they have something you can put in the toilet to help wash them out, like a net (everyone may know this but it was news to me). Oh and be patient!
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
I follow bummis and Totsbots on Twitter
hford5302
couponinggirl at gmail dot com
I follow your blog!
~Brooke
brooke (dot) malko (at) gmail.com
All of the colors are very cute! I like the lemon, blueberry and lime best!
~Brooke
brooke (dot) Malko (at) gmail.com
I like BUmmis and told them you sent me!
~brooke
brooke (dot) malko (at) gmail.com
FBID: Brooke 'Anderson' Malko
Hi! I am a new follower
shining2save(at)yahoo(dot)com
I would like an easy fit in the color blueberry
shining2save(at)yahoo(dot)com
I Follow Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter.
shining2save
shining2save(at)yahoo(dot)com
I like Bummis on facebook
shining save
shining2save(at)yahoo(dot)com
tweeted
http://twitter.com/star84vu/status/20404110126
All the colors are great. The Orange is my favorite!
I am fairly new to cloth diapering as well. My advice is to find a good diaper detergent. I had some smell problems until I finally ordered Rockin' Green online. No problems at all now.
I like Bummis on Fb and left a msg. samantha moore holcomb
I follow Bummis and Totsbots on twitter @star84vu
I am a follower of your blog through Google Friend Connect.
curliegirlie03 at gmail dot com
I tweeted: http://twitter.com/curliegirlie03/status/20409379609
curliegirlie03 at gmail dot com
I love that Pomegranate color!
curliegirlie03 at gmail dot com
My advice would be to try out several brands/types of diapers before buying a bunch, just to see which ones work best for your little one!
curliegirlie03 at gmail dot com
I like Bummis on FB and told them you sent me.
Sara Elizabeth
curliegirlie03 at gmail dot com
I follow Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter.
curliegirlie03 at gmail dot com
i follow on GFC (linda romero)
lyromero77 at gmail dot com
i like Bummis on Facebook (linda romero)
lyromero77 at gmail dot com
I like the Bummis easy fit in Orange
lyromero77 at gmail dot com
I Follow Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter @luvlybrunette77
lyromero77 at gmail dot com
Follower via Google Friends Connect
rasmith0506 at gmail dot com
Tweet:
http://twitter.com/LilyBearLove/status/20431942538
Already Like Bummis on Facebook
Rebecca Smith
rasmith0506 at gmail dot com
Follow Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter.
LilyBearLove
rasmith0506 at gmail dot com
My advice: Never underestimate prefolds. They are amazing!
rasmith0506 at gmail dot com
Love the Lemon and the Lime. Hubby likes the Orange :)
rasmith0506 at gmail dot com
I follow your blog
username is cherdon
cherdon@sympatico.ca
tweet
http://twitter.com/iamcherdon/status/20434083024
I like Blueberry
Instead of pins try the snappi clip. In case your not aware of what this is, here is a little info on it.
The Snappi® Diaper Fastener has revolutionized cloth diapering! This PINLESS diaper fastener offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper and has become the most important cloth diapering accessory in the world. Over 50 million have sold worldwide.
An EASY to use fastener that offers a PRACTICAL and RELIABLE way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
Here is the website if you want to check it out
http://www.thenaturalabode.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=12933
Like Bummis on Facebook and let them know you sent me
username is cheryl hodgkins
Follower of Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter
username is iamcherdon
I'm a new follower!!
I would love an Orange TotsBots!
Cloth diaper advice... don't put all your eggs in one basket, so to speak. Like, don't buy a ton of something just because you THINK you'll like it, or your best friend likes it. Try different things that you're interested in out, then go from there. Yeah, used diapers have good resale value, but it is a pain in the behind to resell.
I already like Bummis on FB!
I like Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter. id newwife777
Following Bummis and TotsBots on Twitter @SCMOMOF2BOYS
Already a fan of Bummis on FB: Karen Bridges
I LOVE the ORANGE one and the Blueberry, too!
Line dry your diapers, they last so much longer!
Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/SCMOMOF2BOYS/status/20488014771
I'm a follower of your blog
clovecg at gmail dot com
I tweeted
http://twitter.com/LittleBGCG/statuses/20488579246
clovecg at gmail dot com
I like the Blueberry
clovecg at gmail dot com
I would say soak every two weeks so that you never have to deal with stink issues! And try lots of different diapers until you find your fav!
I liked Bummis on FB and told them you sent me {Little BGCG}
clovecg at gmail dot com
I follow Bummis and Totbots on twitter {Little BGCG}
clovecg at gmail dot com
I'm a new follower of yours. (Come follow me too?)
psmomreviews@gmail.com
I like the Lime diaper. They really are great colors!
I'm following them both on Twitter. @psmomreviews
New follower here!
gitrecca at gmail dot com
I like the orange and blueberry colours!
gitrecca at gmail dot com
I already like bummis!
gitrecca at gmail dot com
My advice would be to try several different types of diapers. We fell in love with some, and not so much with others. Definitely don't buy more than a few of a certain kind/brand before you try them! And don't be afraid! They're so easy to use.
gitrecca at gmail dot com
I became a follower. I would love to win this as I am 100% new to cloth diapering too.
Just started following your blog. Your baby is so cute! :)
frugalhomeschooler @ gmail.com
Love the lime and the blueberry colors!
frugalhomeschooler @ gmail.com
My cloth diapering advice is the next you wash your diapers, to close up the velcro so they don't all stick together! I use prefolds and separate covers and I have the same problem. :)
frugalhomeschooler @ gmail.com
I now like Bummis on fb and told them you sent me.
frugalhomeschooler @ gmail.com
Now following Bummis and Totsbots on twitter. @wendiesioux
frugalhomeschooler @ gmail.com
I'm a new follower :) I saw the city name Townsend and thought to myself....well, I know a Townsend. Holy smokes it's the same one!! I used to watch the 4th of July fireworks up there with my family. I can't believe what a small world it is. We are the same age too. Great meeting people close to home. I'd love it if you followed my blog too. The NEW is as in NE WI. Most don't get that lol. See you around for sure.
-Chelle
This may be a no brainer, but do not use any type of fabric softener on your dipes. They won't be absorbent and will not be fire retardant.
-Chelle
newmommiez at gmail dot com
I am really liking the Pomegranate or Lime.
-Chelle
newmommiez at gmail dot com
I'm a new follower!
supremelyhappyjo at gmail dot com
I tweeted!
http://twitter.com/ChoresChocolate/status/20649228688
supremelyhappyjo at gmail dot com
I think I like the lemon color best for the Easy Fit. Or maybe the Blueberry. :-)
supremelyhappyjo at gmail dot com
Advice: Somebody may have said this already...but I like to line-dry my diapers whenever I can. The sun keeps the stains out, naturally.
I also use only Charlie's Soap to wash them, (I know there are other similar soaps out there that are good, too.) It keeps the "residue" down.
supremelyhappyjo at gmail dot com
I liked Bummis on Facebook and commented on their wall that you sent me!
supremelyhappyjo at gmail dot com
I'm following Bummis and Totsbots on Twitter!
(@ChoresChocolate)
supremelyhappyjo at gmail dot com
follow your blog
tomokofive AT gmail DOT com
My favorite color is Blueberry.
tomokofive AT gmail DOT com
Cloth diaper advice
try different brands.
I always buy one or two of one brand to try out.
you can always start CDing part time!
tomokofive AT gmail DOT com
follow Bummis and Totsbots on twitter
tomokofive AT gmail DOT com
I am a follower via GFC
claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
Thanks for the chance to win!
The colours are great! I especially love Pomegranate!
claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
Thanks for the chance to win!
I like Bummis on FB and left them a note: http://www.facebook.com/bummis?ref=ts&v=wall#!/bummis?v=wall&story_fbid=454811546102&ref=mf
claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
Thanks for the chance to win!
I follow both on Twitter as claudecampeau
claudecampeau at videotron dot ca
Thanks for the chance to win!
I follow via GFC (Steph)
islandgirl706@gmail.com
Blog follower.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
I love the Blueberry color of teh EAsy fit diaper.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
I personally prefer a wet pail to a dry pail. It's less stinky. We have our washer and dryer in the garage so there is no chance that the kids can get into it.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
Bummis fan on facebook.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
I follow Bummis and Totbots on twitter.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
I am following your blog...and August 15th is my 30th birthday!! I really hope I win because I must have entered a dozen contests to win this diaper and have not had any luck. Thank you so much for your review & giveaway!
giabao.ng @ gmail
I follow Bummis on FB. (Bao N.)
giabao.ng @ gmail
I love the pomegranate & blueberry colors. So unique!
giabao.ng @ gmail
Hmm...I don't have a ton of advice as I'm a newbie myself (baby due any day now!). But one sound advice that I have heard from a good friend is that it's okay to use disposables for the first few weeks of baby's life so that you can get acquainted to him/her and establish a healthy pattern of breastfeeding first. I hope that helps!
giabao.ng @ gmail
Yay! Trying to win some for my soon-to-be niece or nephew!
I follow on Google friends.
Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/Justanothermom/status/20892859538
I like blueberry and lime.
Cloth diaper advice:
Ok, don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't or can't do it. Our ancestors had WAY more complicated diapers and they did just fine. Double check the inserts each time and always have a few prepared. In fact, have SEVERAL prepared so that it's never a negative against cloth.
I follow you (Beth)
jacobsonbeth at yahoo dot com
I like the lime color!
jacobsonbeth at yahoo dot com
my cloth diaper advice:
the easy one - go snaps! I hate the velcro for the very laundry issues you mentioned :)
jacobsonbeth at yahoo dot com
Great review! I follow your blog via google friend connect
ebickell at hotmail dot com
tweet
http://twitter.com/emilyisland/status/21158402287
ebickell at hotmail dot com
I love all the colours! but I have the biggest crush on blueberry! :)
ebickell at hotmail dot com
Also try to get a variety of everything, especially WAHM/Etsy diapers
Thanks!
Jenn
craftsacademy@gmail.com
CraftsAcademy.com
My advice is to find a good diaper detergent.
Thanks!
Jenn
craftsacademy@gmail.com
CraftsAcademy.com
Post a Comment